Summit Fever Games
Based in Victoria, BC, Canada
September 6, 2019 (Early Access)
There Will Be Ink is a difficult tactical action game for 1-8 players. Play solo or with friends in battles between stick figure armies on a paper notepad, just like you used to draw in class instead of paying attention!
The seed of the idea for There Will Be Ink goes back to the late 1980's, when Brodie would copy his older brother's stick figure battle drawings. The earliest prototype was made in the early 2000's. It was a very basic prototype with only one stick figure soldier who could shoot and maybe move (but those shells sure did bounce nicely). The project didn't go anywhere, and the software and programming language used back then is lost in time.The Great (Stick) War
The first modern prototype came in late 2017 under the title of "The Great (Stick) War". With other collaborative projects on the go, the prototype was set aside for nearly a year. In September of 2018, Summit Fever had become a primarily solo project, and the prototype was picked back up. The plan at the time was to make a quick game, simple but fun, in order to run through the full process of developing and releasing a game.There Will Be Ink
As was bound to happen, the scope and timeline for the game quickly expanded. Before long, such features as cover mechanics, dodging, weather effects, a persistent battlefield, unit upgrades, and a host of trackable player and unit stats were added. From there came the addition of a map editor, campaign editor, multiplyer badges, 8 player local multiplayer support, fully reworked hand-drawn graphics, 8k support, and an expanded soundtrack, to name just a few additions. The game was renamed to "There Will Be Ink" and released first on Itch.io on April 19th, 2019, and then on Steam Early Access on September 6th, 2019. The full release of There Will Be Ink is scheduled for Fall of 2020.
- Fast-paced action gameplay with a focus on cover
- Take control of any friendly unit on the battlefield
- Play through nearly 40 missions (and counting) across three campaigns
- Jump into a quick battle with the random map generator, with sliders and toggles for troops and buildings, trees, debris, and rivers
- Unlock new recruit types as you play, including rifle infantry, assault infantry, snipers, medics, RPG troops, heavy machine gunners, engineers, laser jetpack troops, and flamethrowers, why not!
- Full featured map editor – lay out a battlefield and jump straight into the action
- Campaign Editor – string missions together into a campaign to play with your friends
- Hundreds of frames of (poorly, but enthusiastically) hand drawn art!
- Join a battle in progress for 8 player local co-op or vs. gameplay
- Online multiplayer using Steam’s Remote Play Together
- Navigate dynamic battlefields by wading across rivers and taking cover behind trees, rocks, sandbags, and craters left behind in the chaos
- T-Rex with jetpacks!
- Compensate for weather effects like rain, wind, and smoke rising from burning buildings and trees
- Earn training credits, even when a battle is lost, to assign new abilities to your troops
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
Please email Summit Fever for a press copy.
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at http:.
About Summit Fever Games
Summit Fever is a solo independent game studio made up of Brodie Frehlich, whose focus is making lighthearted but deep local coop games.
More information on Summit Fever Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
There Will Be Ink Credits
Design, Programming, Art, etc
Playtesting and Additional Game Ideas